Hi friends,how are you all? Today’s recipe is ‘Aloo gobhi’. As you all know winters are coming so as its seasonal vegetables are easily seen in the market.
Although you can find gobhi in any season but in winters the happiness of having it in our meal is something which we can’t explain.
Aloo gobhi is a dish which name itself gives you a taste of Indian food flavors. It is full of indian spices which is loved by all.
It can be cooked in 2 ways. Either you can make it dry or with gravy. Both taste delicious with roti or rice.
In restaurant you generally see it in dry form which is my personal favorite dish to order.
So today I thought to share its recipe with you all.
- Aloo (potatoes) -2 medium size
- Gobhi (cauliflower) – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 2
- Crushed Ginger garlic – 1tsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 1medium size
- Oil -2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2tsp
- Dry red chilly – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1 1/2tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1tsp
- Garam masala – 1tsp
- Salt as per your taste
Steps to follow for making gobhi aloo:-
- Firstly chopped aloo (potatoes) ,gobhi (cauliflower), onion, tomato and wash all of it with clean water and put it aside.
- Heat the oil in pan and saute the gobhi ( cauliflower) for 10 mins.
- When gobhi is sauted take out from the pan and put 1 more tsp oil and some cumin seeds with 1dry red chilly.
- Now add chopped onions, crushed ginger garlic and start stirring until the raw smell is gone.When you see onions become translucent add all the spices and tomatoes in it.
- Now cook it until mixture of spices are mixed properly.
- When spices are mixed well then add fried gobhi and aloo in it. Mix it properly and cook it
- Now cover the pan and cook it on a slow flame and keep checking it gobhi aloo is cooked or not and stir it occasionally.
- It will take around 15 -20 mins to cook.
- Your aloo gobhi is ready to serve.
Read other recipes also:-